Strategic Rocket Forces conducted a successful flight test of "a prototype of a new ICBM." The test took place at 21:45 MSK (17:45 UTC) on June 6, 2013 from a mobile launcher deployed at the Kapustin Yar test site. The
warhead waswarheads were reported to have successfully reached its target at the Sary-Shagan site.
UPDATE: As Alexander Stukalin pointed in the comments, it has been reported deployment of the new ICBM is expected to begin in 2014. Before that the Rocket Forces plan to conduct one more test launch of the missile. The earlier plan was to begin deployment in 2015. In 2014 the Rocket Forces were expected to begin combined test of the missile. Plans could change, of course, especially if the development program appears successful (although, there is always a chance to go back to the original schedule). Also in the news is the new name of the missile - it is now known as Rubezh, not Avangard.
A few more points - the Rocket Forces representative said that the missile carried several warheads. He also said that it was the fourth test of the missile - which is in agreement with what has been reported so far - the first one in September 2011 (failure), second in May 2012, third in October 2012, and now the fourth. This doesn't look like a very intensive test program, especially given that two of the three successful tests were conducted from Kapustin Yar to Sary-Shagan - far from a nominal range. So, my guess is that it's a not particularly deep upgrade of the Topol-M/Yars line of ICBMs.
Finally, as far as I can tell, this missile is an unlikely candidate for anything "hypersonic" - that thing is too big to fit in a standard silo, not to mention a mobile launcher.